Along with knowing what your Doodle should eat, but it’s is also a good idea to learn some foods that your Doodle should not eat to ensure their safety and well-being. Some human snacks are safe in small doses; some are not!

Some are just dangerous, and the foods on this list may surprise you. Here is the list of Dangerous foods for Doodle Puppy

Avocado:

Avocados contain persin, a fungicidal toxin. Large amounts can be harmful to your puppy. It causes Diarrhea and vomiting in Doodles.

Chocolate:

Chocolates can cause abnormal heart rhythm and tremors in your Doodle. Chocolate contains the methylxanthines from caffeine and theobromine, which can trigger reactions like restlessness, vomiting and muscle spasms. Methylxanthines can cause several health problems for your dog.

Milk products:

Milk products such as cheese and ice cream can cause diarrhea and other digestive issues in Doodle puppies. Doodles do not carry enough lactase (which helps to break down lactose) to digest milk products properly.

Grapes:

A surprise to most people, grapes are the most dangerous foods for a Doodle. Grapes contain toxins that can cause liver damage, kidney failure, and death.

Dangerous foods for Doodle Puppy

Raw or undercooked eggs:

Raw eggs contain an enzyme called Avidin, which blocks the reception of Biotin (vitamin B), which causes harm to your Dog’s Coat and skin.

Xylitol:

Xylitol is a natural sugar alcohol used as a sugar substitute in many consumer goods. Gum, sugar-free food, mouthwash, toothpaste and& cough syrup contains Xylitol. Xylitol is dangerous to Doodles because it is proven to cause a drop in blood sugar, leading to liver failure. Even small quantities of Xylitol can lead to kidney failure and death.

Onions, garlic and chives:

Onions, garlic and chives are toxic to Doodles. They cause gastrointestinal problems and impact red blood cell counts in canines negatively. A large quantity of food containing onions and garlic can cause hemolytic anemia. Symptoms of anemia include weakness, vomiting, dullness, and breathlessness.

 

Tea, coffee and caffeine:

Caffeine in large quantities can be dangerous to Doodles. The methylxanthines in caffeine can result in vomiting, diarrhea, hyperactivity, increased thirst and urination in a Doodle. Seek veterinary’s assistance immediately if your Doodle has consumed coffee grounds.

Candy:

Sugar-free candy is dangerous because of Xylitol which, as mentioned above, is toxic for Doodles. Ingestion of Xylitol does not threaten human health but can trigger life-threatening hypoglycemia in Doodles.

 

Alcohol: 

Alcohol has the same effect on a Doodle’s health as humans. Any alcohol can cause vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, difficulty breathing, and even comas or death. Get your pet veterinary assistance immediately if they have consumed alcohol.

 

Macadamia nuts:

Macadamia nuts can be fatal for your Doodles. Just a few macadamia nuts can cause weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, high fever and paralysis. Even as few as six raw or roasted macadamias can make your Doodle ill. If you find that your pet has eaten macadamia nuts, seek veterinary serviceVet immediately.

Available Goldendoodle Puppies

We often have Goldendoodle puppies available or planned litters coming soon throughout the year.

Make Your Family Whole

Your perfect little family member could be in one of our current or upcoming Bernedoodle litters.