Discover how to stop a puppy from barking at night and know the possible reasons behind it.
It’s late at night, and you’re just about to go to sleep when a barking sound jolts you out of bed. It’s that cuddly puppy you love throughout the day, putting your love to the test. Night-time barking is annoying and upsetting for any dog parent and can happen because of a variety of reasons. Puppies and Dogs barking at night is one of the most prevalent struggles of new puppy owners,
Let’s look at the usual dog barking triggers and learn about the steps you can take to help quiet your boisterous pup.
Reasons for dog barking at night
- Puppies who are still being potty trained may bark when they need to relieve themselves.
- Traffic nearby or noisy neighbors
- Sudden or unusual sounds, like fireworks or car horns..
- They have learned that their kennel is a punishment or “time out” and not a safe place for them to be comfortable in. .
- Other reasons your dog may be barking could indicate your dog is uncomfortable and can’t settle themselves down.
How to stop your dog from barking at night
- Get your puppy tired through physical activity before bed
- Take your doodle puppy on more frequent walks
- Potty train your puppy using a litter box and frequent potty breaks.
- Feed your puppy smaller meals on a predictable schedule and not right before bed
- Consult a veterinarian about your pet’s nutritional requirements.
- Supplements for relaxation
As a pet owner, you may find that your puppy barks unexpectedly at night. Small and consistent training can help your puppy overcome this bad habbit. Almost all puppy behavioral issues are fixable if you put in the time with your new family member.
If you are thinking of adopting a puppy, The Doodle Tribe, is here for you..
Our team at Doodle Tribe have been raising healthy puppies for over 30 years. Our puppies are currently available in Utah as well as in Gilbert, Arizona.
Available Doodle Puppies
We often have puppies available or planned litters coming soon throughout the year.
Make Your Family Whole
Your perfect little family member could be in one of our current or upcoming Goldendoodle litters.